Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guardhouse Vs. Air-Tite Coin Capsules

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 243Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  2:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ian4895 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys!
Newbie coin collector here, so apologies for the cluelessness
I recently picked up some very nice uncirculated walking liberties, and I already have them in the Guardhouse capsules. I know some people swear by the air-tites, though, and I was wondering if the air-tites were a lot better and if I should buy them to replace the ones I already have? Just wanted to make sure that I'm storing them properly.
Appreciate it!
I.N.
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

I believe Guardhouse are fine, but other opinions are welcome.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ian4895 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, glad to be here!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4701 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guardhouse makes a quality holder - there's no need for you to replace the holders with Air-Tire brand capsules. I have used both types for years and have not had any issues with either.

Guardhouse also makes a nice row box specifically for coins in capsules (three different sizes to fit the various capsule sizes). The boxes have built-in spaces to separate the capsules stored in them which helps to minimize the chances of scratching them.

IMO, you're off to a good start with the Guardhouse capsules you have.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
10/06/2020 6:29 pm
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ian4895 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds interesting, I didn't know they made those. Not too too concerned with that and scratching capsules ATM because I don't have too many yet but I will for sure look into getting a few boxes to organize once I have enough coins. Appreciate it man!
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Guardhouse also makes a nice row box specifically for coins in capsules (three different sizes to fit the various capsule sizes). The boxes have built-in spaces to separate the capsules stored in them which helps to minimize the chances of scratching them.
Good to know!
Pillar of the Community
United States
837 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! I would have to agree with Commems. While I personally use Air-tite ring holders, Guardhouse are on par as to long term protection.
ANA member
PAN Member

there's no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 243Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05