Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020-S ASE October 13th

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 5,293Next Topic
Page: of 8
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is my first Mint order this year. Forgot how exciting it can be to receive a package.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4892 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  07:33 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mint: "Oops...we made a mistake. Mintage is really unlimited. Forget that 200k thing"

Really?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2652 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't understand, in 2019 you had a lower price and only sold 149K, in 2020 you raise the price and limit the sales to 50k more than last year and they sell out?

I'm confused?
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto - I think it has to do with the Year 2020, last year of this design for the ASE. I am one that never buys Proof's and I bought two of the 2020 S Proofs. I'm not much on the currency sets but I bought three of the 2020 Founding Fathers currency sets. Also I purchased the 2020 Silver Proof set and Clad set. These are all items I never purchased previous years and only did this year because of the "2020".
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4892 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They only sold out of this offering. They will appear in another set They, as mentioned, removed the mintage limits so they could sell more....

Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like this in not the last year of this design. They'll produce the old and new next year.
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks like this in not the last year of this design. They'll produce the old and new next year.

Are you speculating or did you read this somewhere? I only ask cuz after they announced the new design wouldn't be released until mid 2021, I started wondering if any ASE would be released the first half of next year.
Edited by wyzeguy
10/24/2020 7:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They only sold out of this offering. They will appear in another set They, as mentioned, removed the mintage limits so they could sell more....

Figured something like this was going to happen especially after it was reported more than 190k had been sold. So I guess the question is was this just an oversight by the Mint or a shady tactic?
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it was a CoinWorld article that said they'll keep the old reverse for the first part of next year, at least with the bullion.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last I have read the Mint has neither confirmed nor denied anything.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1196 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't understand, in 2019 you had a lower price and only sold 149K, in 2020 you raise the price and limit the sales to 50k more than last year and they sell out?

I believe the mintage for the 2019-S Proof ASE is 200,632.

The coin was in 3 mint products:

19EM - 146,735
19EM040 - 137 x 40 = 5,480
19RC - 48,417

The 2020-S Proof ASE is (or will be) in these same products. Current (as of 10/18/2020) sales are:

20EM - 199,997 limit of 200,000
20EM040 - 440 x 40 = 17,600 limit is unknown (maybe a dealer who can buy this product can let us know if there's a product limit)
20RC - winter 2020 release, limit is unknown (but 2019's product limit was 50,000)
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
think it was a CoinWorld article that said they'll keep the old reverse for the first part of next year, at least with the bullion.

The bullion and maybe the W-ASE. I was looking at the product pages on the Mints website and the S-ASE says "last year of inaugural design" but not for the W. Although, much like the 200k mintage limit, I guess they can just change it later as well.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I receive my new coin by UPS Saturday, it look very nice.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had the black spot on my ASE S and finally got my replacement in today which looks good. The Mint was surprisingly helpful (being a government entity) with sending a prepaid return label for the bad coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Mint was surprisingly helpful (being a government entity) with sending a prepaid return label for the bad coin.

So long as it's a quality issue they will. Glad your replacement has no issues. The one I received a couple days ago was also good. Have two more arriving tomorrow. We'll see how those turn out.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 5,293Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05