Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1985 1 Oz Uniface Maple Leaf Brass Die Trials

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 357Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4738 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  4:12 pm Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought these raw from a gentleman out west..at the time of the purchase I was vaguely familiar with them so I figured I'd take a gamble. From what I've been told they are something like a salesman sample. I figured I'd share them for input and opinions. It appears these pieces are pretty rare..the reverse is the first and only ever certified at PCGS while the obverse is now the second one graded..

feel free to call me Will. I'm a 20 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
687 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are more than cool. Congrats and thanks for sharing. Brass coins eh....marked gold. Too bad it's not the real McCoy. My hats off to you for not trying to pull any shenanigans with them. Some people still have scruples, and you sir are one. I don't want to think of the shadiness that could come with coins like this. They look great.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
United States
978 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2192 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking Die Trials Will !
Learn More...
Canada
9313 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few of those in different sizes, I even sold one to DBM I believe...

This is my set (I am missing both of those ):
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/co...strikes/3812

This is the set with the other $50 trial piece:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/co...-trials/3329
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8127 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do indeed have an obverse trial piece I purchased from SPP-Ottawa.
An interesting and uncommon piece that won't be going to PCGS or leaving my collection.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11066 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  01:38 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat! Thanks for sharing.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4738 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks gang! These are really interesting pieces...I've sent these off to Heritage so we'll see how they do..wish me luck when they hit the auction block
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 20 year old collector from the GTA area of Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 357Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05