Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

This Has To Be Extremely Rare Right Or Wrong? (1964 Cent)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 394Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  6:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Luckydevil2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Edited by Luckydevil2020
10/16/2020 8:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7561 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

Unfortunately your coin is worth 1c.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luckydevil2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now so even with the other imagery on the penny besides what's supposed to be on it?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5429 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did not leave the Mint in that condition, it has been beat up PMD
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51321 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just hard circulation damage. Perhaps a parking lot coin.

to the CCF!
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luckydevil2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even if it is a parking lot penny your not going to surely not going to have letters that are parts of words very defined above the eyebrow and in front of his nose only can be seen under magnification of the penny
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2428 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 very knowledgeable people have given their opinions but it would appear you have your mind already made up?

If you believe this to be extremely rare then I suggest that you send it off to PCGS for certification.

However, their opinion will cost you $50, and you will still only have a coin worth 1 cent.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4197 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see none of the letters you are, all that's evident on this coin is damage, including the locations you pointed out.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luckydevil2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try posting a better picture
Learn More...
United States
17433 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ld, first welcome to CCF. Second, there is simply no way for a coin to be struck with a rim like that so we know that at least some of the defects are damage. The flat spots on and around Abe's face fit in with that same pattern of post-strike damage. I encourage you to look at other threads on this website and error-ref.com if you would like to see authentic errors.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51321 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics are not needed. This is simply a damaged coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1798 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hit mark east of Lincoln's nose is not a stray S mint mark. The coin shows many hits and gouges--indicative of relatively soft copper being moved once hit. I've come across many, many such cents over the last several decades. Many. It's damage.
Edited by ijn1944
10/16/2020 8:32 pm
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luckydevil2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay I appreciate the help I'm younger and new at stamps and coins really anything history!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For future reference, please no photos of computer screens, they don't help us at all. Try using your phone's camera at about 5X zoom. Ask questions if you still need help.

I agree with all of the above, your coin suffers from post mint damage ( PMD).

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 394Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05