Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Non-Column Bar DDR On This 2005-P LMC?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 316Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  9:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CouchDiver1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
From what I've seen it is very similar to the ones for the 2004 Philadelphia and Denver which have a "e pluribus unum" pick up point, but I can't find a listing in either of my books " SIRW Pocket Change and Cherrypickers" nor on Wexlers, CC's, or VV...

Here are a few pics of the obverse and reverse as well as a side by side with another 2005-P in a similar die stage. I think I may have a new DDR here, or at least I hope I do. :) For reference, the side by side comparison posted has the normal coin on the left and the coin in question on the right.

Comments welcome. Cheers!

Edited by CouchDiver1978
10/17/2020 9:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2076 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello CouchDiver1978

DoubledDie.com has one WDDR-028.

have you looked at that one?

it has pictures of die markers too.
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CouchDiver1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks LOM! I must have missed it. I thought that I had seen a listing somewhere and it was driving me nuts! I'll check it out. Thanks again, hopefully I have a match.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46639 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CouchDiver1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's it. The #28. Thanks guys!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2076 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats CouchDiver1978

it does look like WDDR-028 and the die markers look good.

i am still on the look out for this variety.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46639 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What does ONE CENT look like on your coin? I was wondering if there was hub doubling there also. (Single squeeze dies affect different areas differently. There should be no doubling there, but the though passed through my ears) LOL
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
351 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CouchDiver1978 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe some slight extra thickness, but I cant really much. Just like you said Coop.

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05