Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Errors That Arent Documented Varieties Are Not Always Damaged Coins.

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,302Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tileman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay that made me feel like I am being lazy. See when I am not at work or helping one of the kids, I go to looking at the change I have collected. Of course in search of that 40,000 $ coin that was chillin in my pocket. Beats playing the lottery. Sorry if I dont educate myself more on my own but it seems that this site has many professors and letting them do the teaching is beneficial in more ways than one. Thank you john,coop,joseph and few more I cant recall their names. Thank uou very much!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
686 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. That was a lot to read. I agree with everything that was stated by everyone. All well put.
Learn More...
Canada
9371 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  09:31 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a fisherman myself... coop, I could not resist! This snowball effect also applies to our hobby!

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with everything said here, and I am also grateful for all the help received. I value all the wisdom floating from you guys at times I'm sure its tough on you guys also explaining same thing over and over, but I even thank you for that.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tabbys2013 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't post very often, but I do read a lot of the posts on here and do view a lot of the photos others have posted. I do research hours and hours daily. I read books over and over and over again. Sometimes I think I confuse myself. But I have to say anything new that someone is trying to learn can be scary. Especially when they hear stories of someone throwing back a valuable coin that they could have once had in their very own hands. Big-Kingdom you explained the minting process very well, plain English and down to earth. Maybe better than most can explain the difference between an Error and a Variety. I think that maybe that most people when they see a Doubled Die, it is just that it is Doubled. Some times its hard to wrap your brain around the fact that the doubling has to happen a certain way for it to be considered a Doubled Die. There is so much information out there that it can be confusing. Please don't give up on those of us that are still trying to learn.

Maybe it is not that they are not doing the research or trying to learn. Maybe they just want the experts to confirm what they have or don't have. Maybe it could be that they are not fully understanding the process. If they seem to begin to argue, maybe it is because they don't understand the "Why Not" of their question. Some times you have to explain yourself as if your speaking to a child. The language for coin collecting is different than simple plain English. It's like learning a new language altogether. Six months ago, all I knew was this 1923 Peace Liberty was beautiful, and I wondered why my Mom had put it away, and where did it come from. WOW. I know it can become tiresome, but we are all in this together. I ask questions over and over again. I go to the same web-sites a couple times a day to look at the same Doubled Die, it's all for conformation, and clarity. Some times the question is "If this coin is this Doubled Die and it looks just like that coin, then why is my coin not a Doubled Die.

Thank you Coop for being so patient with all of us. I would like to meet you in person one day and shake your hand. I love your photos, mine are horrible. I have learnt so much from you I can't even begin to explain. I already know that if I can't find what I am looking for any where else, I know I can look for almost anything that you have written, or posted and 9 out of 10 times, it's there. Thank you again.

Big-Kingdom, I carry so much respect for you guys and don't even know you, and so do a lot of others here. I guess maybe all that I am trying to say is that maybe some people are not really trying to argue. Maybe they just don't know how to say "I thought this or that, or can you explain this a little clearer. I don't understand. Please be patient with us.

All you guys are great, with so much knowledge that most of us will never scratch the surface. There are coins that I never knew existed until coming here. I hope none of you think that your not teaching us anything, because you are, even when we disagree.
Sorry this was so long.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,302Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05