Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1966 Wavy 20 Cent Australia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 599Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
79 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  08:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Charl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is safe and well !

Very happy and would like to share that I found my first 1966 wavy coin

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17597 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is knocked about a bit, but much better than not having an example at all.
I can't complain about my '66 20 Cent wavy.
I don't have one !
Pillar of the Community
Australia
795 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very happy and would like to share that I found my first 1966 wavy coin

Congrats Charl ... did you find it noodling or in your change?
Valued Member
Australia
67 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice.

A beautiful example

Well done!
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5191 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super find!

Well done,
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Valued Member
Australia
79 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Charl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found it from noodling

Next on my hunt list is 2000 1 dollar mule

I've been casually noodling since Nov 2018 and took me almost 2 years to find 1 1966 wavy.

Anyone been lucky to find 2 or more within 2 years?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
795 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Next on my hunt list is 2000 1 dollar mule

I'm up to the 10 000 mark noodling dollar coins over the past few months and for a coin with a mintage of 7.6m I'm surprised with the number of 2000 coins that I come across ... but not the mule unfortunately!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1624 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! Old Renniks catalogues gave this coin a reasonably low value but they are quite difficult to find.
Valued Member
Australia
79 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Charl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Old Renniks catalogues gave this coin a reasonably low value but they are quite difficult to find.

What would be the estimated fair value for this 20 cent 1966 Wavy?

Also have anyone keep track if the value have increase/decreased over the years?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1624 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  01:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'd need to see an image of the other side but at least a couple of hundred dollars I think.
I think onlinecoin.club tracks coin values over time - I don't have that many catalogues to check.
Valued Member
Australia
79 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Charl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We'd need to see an image of the other side

I took a few more image for better estimate for valuation

Since it's my first 20 cent treasure, I won't be selling it however curious of value
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 599Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05