Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The First 3 Added To My Collection

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,148Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BankNoteHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found another 2017 star note today!

Learn More...
United States
92355 Posts
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BankNoteHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking about opening a bank accounts with one of the further away banks (can't walk to them from home) that currently will not let me exchange money. Specifically one new bank took over another credit union this year is not exchanging notes for me. Here is what they said.

We can not exchange currency for people who do not have an account.

My goal is to get more locations for desirable $2 banknotes. Lately I've been finding $1 star notes since that is my go to denomination if a bank says they don't have 2's.

To other banknote hunters how many banks do you join for this hobby?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6668 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BankNoteHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did a bunch of banknote hunting today. Got skunked on 2's again . But the 1's had a few nice fancy serial numbers.

Still have another stack of 140 1's to go through. Here are the three I found this afternoon.

One of the banks I go to for 2's made me make an account with them otherwise they wouldn't exchange money anymore.
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BankNoteHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found 2 more star notes

Check it out

Learn More...
United States
92355 Posts
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BankNoteHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hunted through about $700 in 1's today and found a few star notes and a few fancy serial numbers. Here are the star notes I'll upload some pics of the fancy number some other time.

I asked the bank if they had any really old currency and they said they had a $50 bill from the 1950's in the vault. They also said they would notify me of any old bills they come across

Check it out

Learn More...
United States
92355 Posts
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tylosaurus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats quite a haul haha
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2020  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BankNoteHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to start a new thread tomorrow for this currency collection. This thread can be discontinued mods
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,148Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05