Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Civil War General F.m Drake -Free Public Library Medal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 260Next Topic  

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  6:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hertzyinmn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I wondered if anyone would know If this is a one Off medal or were they made for everyone when the Library was dedicated. I found the original online . Any value on this as he was quite popular , I know its tough thought maybe an error damage?

Learn More...
United States
17724 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hertzy, yes looks like wear plus damage, although that looks a bit like a round counterstamp in front of General Drake's chin. Or maybe that is just Pareidolia? Any chance of you adding a close-up pic of that area to this thread? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11130 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  04:50 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't imagine it would have too much value in that condition.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hertzyinmn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sure here are a couple closer ups , thanks

Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 260Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05