Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

PCGS True View Policy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 324Next Topic  
Valued Member
Lebanon
269 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  05:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
Anyone know what is the policy of PCGS about true view, the pic of the coins is it considered an ownership of PCGS or the coin owner ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Directly from the PCGS web site:

What are the Terms of Use and who 'owns' the image of the coin?
Note that PCGS retains the image rights to the coin and may use the imagery as we see fit. That said, you are free to use the TrueView images however you like. This may include online sales or Set Registry listings, personal photo albums, or the creation of wall art or other décor that feature your coins.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19831 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that really explained it well.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
2523 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if that extends to the use of images by non-owners? Can anyone use their images for any purpose?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52002 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it does, though I'm not sure about "any purpose".
Edited by Coinfrog
10/24/2020 10:14 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if that extends to the use of images by non-owners? Can anyone use their images for any purpose?

The information PCGS presents is directed to the submitter / person paying for the TrueView(R) image - not to others.

I would suggest that those with an interest in TrueView visit the PCGS site for the full discussion of the topic.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
10/24/2020 2:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3974 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can anyone use their images for any purpose?

While I've got no background in copyright law, the PCGS wording seem to grant the submitter rights to use the image for their personal enjoyment, up to and including supporting sale of the item. I would guess it stops there.

There is usually an ongoing maintenance cost to maintain intellectual property. I wouldn't think it in their business interest to allow just anyone to use the images.

Edited by tdziemia
10/24/2020 12:01 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 324Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05