Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Lincoln Cent: Confirm This Variety

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 436Next Topic  
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  7:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MadDawgMaverick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The date points towards WDDO-002 but I'mánot entirely sure the thickness on liberty does. Under a 10x objective I havent been able to match any die markers Wexler noted. Probably my lack of proficiency with the single-squeeze era DD's. Regardless, enjoy the close ups.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
36443 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing any doubling,but great photos. What is your photo set up?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2325 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  04:47 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there is any doubling. The DDO-002 is very tricky to spot. And I agree with John, those are some impressive and excellent photos.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Best LMC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378053
Best LSC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378041
Pillar of the Community
United States
5278 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very good pics, but no cigar not a DDO
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47344 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The question I have to ask is: "Is the 'Y' thicker because of the hit that device took?"
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/28/2020 2:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1212 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My "opinion" use the die markers some circulation can make these faint doublings even harder to determine.

Die Markers: Obverse: A small die gouge can be found above the E in LIBERTY. Reverse: A die gouge (dot) can be found to the left of the J in JFM.

locations can be found here
https://doubleddie.com/2516921.html

I'm done with trying to put pictures on this website, just not worth the hassle at all!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36443 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to find the variety "first",then match die markers.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4017 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with John1.
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
1416 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes incredible photos. I've been looking for a better setup and it seems like $500+.
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MadDawgMaverick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the late response, but thank you all for the input. Haven't gotten my hands on too many rolls of 2020 cents to have a decent idea of the DD's.

As for the photos; I was using a Nikon CFI LU Plan Fluor BD 5X/0.15 objective on a tube lens setup. Most images were probably 30-40 image stacks. Not a fan of the objective though. Waiting to upgrade to a Mitutoyo 5x ( I have their BD Plan 10x and love it.) Anything from 1x-4x I generally use a cannon 35mm bellows lens & full coin is 99% of the time a Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8. Ill end up posting it one day in the photography section since pictures are easier to explain it all.

Willburton you could easily get a intermediate+ photo setup going for $300, and add the macro capabilities for another $200. But itll probably leave you wanting better so its a catch 22.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joshuach2002 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that it is very possible that it is a minor doubled die. I'm not sure if it's WDDO-002, but IMO it is likely a minor doubled die. The bottom left of the last few letters of LIBERTY look like they have an angle that shows some southeast doubling. It looks like the date also shows this with minor extra thickness at the top left and bottom right of the second 0 and minor extra thickness of the slanted bar of the 2. The angle the photo was taken at could've affected this, so I'm not 100% sure it is. Check die markers and see if its a match to any listed ones.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1775 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw the same thickness as Joshuach2002 but don't feel any slight angle would have affected the thickness on the date.
And I agree with everyone else about the high qaulity of your images. That's a lot of images (30-40) to stack, so thank you for the treat.
An early treat for Halloween .
Edited by Petespockets55
10/30/2020 05:26 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 436Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05