Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 Dot One Cent May Have Returned

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 958Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...

Canada
3316 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  08:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Isn't this auction I saw mentioned on another forum the same one that traveled around this site in various threads? I don't think that it was cert'd at that time. Notice that NGC doesn't call it a 36 dot cent on the cert. Just do an archive search on this site: "and visions of sugar plums danced in their heads".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEGA-RARE-...AOSwEt9e7hS2
Edited by okiecoiner
11/09/2020 09:08 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1631 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For that kind of money they could at least show a blow up of the dot buyer beware
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1097 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I assume NGC does not want to grade an "untruth" straight out! Even though, I have proof that they did with a 19667 $ SB. Insisted it is a LB on the cert. I guess they have been hired and got paid for, grading this 1936 Canada cent and the dot was pointed out.
A rather costly cent now, even without this price tag.
Notice, seller did not provide a close up of the dot location
Edited by 47P7
11/09/2020 10:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2501 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Listing cant be found now.
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20980 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
790 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe my old eyes but that dot does not appear to be in the right spot
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  02:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

the listing in coinsandcanada.com shows the dot below the date between the 3 and the 6.
This 'dot is to right of the date ....it may have a dot but its not the dot made after George V died that makes the 1936 dot coin so valuable
Valued Member
Poland
303 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may be completely mistaken, but I seem to remember reading something about how some '36 pennies have a die flaw that looks like a dot, but is not / is easily distinguishable. Again, I might be crazy, but does anyone else remember hearing something along those lines?
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3316 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There have been die "chips" all over the 36's reported by many many people on the various coin sites. There have also been many "36 dot" cents that were faked, coming out of China. Why can't everyone just resign them selves that there were only 3 verified, and maybe a 4th actually made. The dead horse has been turned over to the other side to allow further beatings.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1097 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
technically, there is nothing wrong with their ad. The image does show a "dot".
Just not THE dot we are all looking for.
and, anyone can ask whatever they want for their wares.
However, they are pretending and suggesting indirectly just too much and that is ethically not acceptable.
Everyone knows it now. Nobody, hopefully, will fall for their unethical method.
Valued Member
Canada
411 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doctorman1941 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a die chip as the same one is under the 9
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1025 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  01:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M_d_in_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
09A2I67EhPU

some FYI on the 36/DOT
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1025 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M_d_in_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dfRILVlPo6U
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 958Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05