Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Money Envelopes - Need Some Help From Community

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 921Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8231 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an envelope from 1967 for sale on eBay.
Unfortunately it's full of overpriced items.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx for finding and sharing the Bank of Nova Scotia from 1967. Would have loved to see the reverse side.

Love the use of term:

Government Hospital Insurance

and also

The ad for savings certificate which looks more like some sort discounted bond.

Good history in that piece of the envelope.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx for sharing the Excel Autoservice Centennial Envelope. It is the first I have seen with a window. I wonder if the window had any particular function.

It is interesting how this was given out as a collectible at a 5% discount.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8231 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah too bad we see only one side of the BNS envelope.
I found an envelope from 1967 while looking for my old pay envelopes.
Very similar to the eBay item.
I'll post when I find all the items associated with it, sometime in the next week I hope.
Also received a current TD envelope this week, hope to post it later tonight or tomorrow.
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8231 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx DBM for posting the TD envelope which is the one that is given out. Interestingly enough with this envelope TD implemented two changes:

Went from brown to white
Increased the size marginally I believe to accommodate US bills.

What do you think was the reason for the change in colour?

Does anyone hear know someone who works for TD who might be able to find out how they decide on the envelopes?
Valued Member
Canada
420 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2020  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsplus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one from 1990 by Toronto Dominion Bank

They were using this up to around 1996.

Edited by Coinsplus
12/13/2020 5:14 pm
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2020  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coinsplus -

Very nice - thx for sharing and the info. Is there a date printed on the other side of the flap i.e. can you see any printing when the flap is open?

Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2020  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to contact someone appropriate in each of the major banks. Does anyone have an idea where I can start?

I tried asking my local branches. Even going through the manager level it was not very fruitful. They simply do not know who I can contact.

Perhaps someone in this group knows someone working in the non-banking areas of these banks might be able to make some suggestions
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 921Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05