Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 1875 IHC Listing Was Removed

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 764Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
7755 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  11:24 am Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
from eBay during the middle of the night as being reported as counterfeit. I've looked at the coin over and over, weighed it at 3.01 grams and can't for the life of me see why they would think that. I'll post some pics and let you guys take a look...

Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
2532 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that lump on the N supposed to be diagnostic of something? It looks perfectly fine to me. Hard to believe they would remove this listing while others that are laughably fake stay up.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52124 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have my Snow volume close at hand, but it sure looks typical and genuine to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7755 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Dot on N is a highly sought after Snow Variety. I had it listed for 2500.00. Somebody reported it and I have no clue why. I guess they will review my listing and give their decision within 2 weeks. Meanwhile it's taken off line.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3189 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had it listed for 2500.00

I am pretty sure eBay has a policy that no raw coin can be listed for more than 2,000$ usa dollars ... It must be certified..
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52124 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, I was unaware of that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2532 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't know that either. Here's eBay's policy from their website:

Listings for ungraded coins and currency or raw currency:
Must not include a non-approved grading company, numeric grade or estimated value anywhere in the listing and can't show an image of the item in a graded holder if the image shows a grade
Must include photos of the front and back of the actual item for sale (stock photos are not allowed)
Must have a starting, reserve, or Buy It Now price of less than $2,500

So it looks like you can list it for $2499.99 and you'll be okay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7755 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I did not know that. I wonder what would happen if it was bid over 2500.00 ?
Edited by 52Raymo
11/19/2020 1:41 pm
Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hard to believe they would remove this listing while others that are laughably fake stay up.
Yup, this one beign removed seems almost retaliatory.

Quote:
So it looks like you can list it for $2499.99 and you'll be okay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
962 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice looking coin
Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, I did not know that. I wonder what would happen if it was bid over 2500.00 ?
Probably fine, looks like the rule only applies to the listing. eBay will be glad to take their chuck of the final price no matter what.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20884 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did they specifically say it was counterfeit? What did the email say?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7755 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to get it relisted at 2495.00. That was a policy I had no idea about. Thanks everyone.
Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

Would have been nice if they had let you know that directly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7755 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby this was sent to me this morning...

Your listing was removed: Replica coins and currency policy

Hello 52raymo,
We had to remove your listing because it didn't follow our Replica coins and currency policy. Replica currency that follows our rules can be listed on eBay, but replica coins and counterfeit currency are not allowed.

What is the policy
- Only one-sided replica paper currency that follows these rules can be listed:
-- Size is less than 75% or greater than 150% of the genuine currency
-- The listing includes a photo of the actual replica paper currency being sold
-- The listing includes the word "replica" in the title and description
- Replica coins are not allowed
- Counterfeit or altered coins and currency aren't not allowed, nor is equipment designed to make them

Because you may not have been aware of this policy, we're sending this notice to educate you about it and ask that you follow this policy in the future.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended.
We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).
Learn More...
United States
92278 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 764Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05