Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Coin Collectors - How Specialized Are You?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,163Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
172 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar 1935 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect mostly specimen coinage from 1937-1970 and also high grade 5 cents from 1937-1952.
Edited by Dollar 1935
11/21/2020 4:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
982 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decimal bronze 1858-1920 of Canada and the Maritimes, business and specimen strikes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
509 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Canadian decimal.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1615 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small cents, one cent test tokens, one cent on wrong planchets.......and most avidly.......encased coins with a Canadian aspect. Either a Canadian coin in the centre, a Canadian issuer, or a Canadian angle
Valued Member
Canada
79 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blargish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver101, yes! The sheer variety is what gets to me, along with the history. Grading them is certainly no easy task either!

I've always enjoyed the design of the NFLD coins and am considering branching out in that direction myself.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1652 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked "silver" but it's really only George VI silver, plus to fill in a few dates, I've picked up some cents and nickels. I have birth year "sets" for QEII and a hodge-podge of a few other series. I think I have everything now for 1947ML and 1948, as that transition year always fascinated me. I picked up a 1947 SP 50c CR ML last year from that Cook guy as a 60th birthday present, but that might be my last George VI purchase. (The MS version of that is way out of my league). I've kinda lost interest in it, and have been doing Barber dime transition varieties for the past couple years.
Canada
38 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cedargrove to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect all coins and tokens that circulated in Canada in reasonable quantity, including early colonial times. This includes foreign coins (I.e. French, Spanish, British, American, etc).

Pillar of the Community
Canada
553 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just a middleman but am interested in actually collecting and keeping silver commemoratives of cities and companies.
Valued Member
Canada
429 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm - my suspicious that Newfoundland collectors are rare turns out to be accurate!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3185 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  08:23 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am collecting, Graded Canada silver dollars, 1935-1967,i have all dates, just need a couple of varieties..

working on completing my Canada half dollar set 1870-1967 missing one date, and a bunch of varieties,

Also working on a graded Newfoundland 20 cent coin collection.
Learn More...
Canada
9371 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  09:49 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I should also mention that I collect NFLD 1c coins, including errors. My PCGS registry set will never match those of bosox or the Perth collection, but it is not bad... I am aiming for completion of a decent set, not the top set.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2020  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MathMan27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Canada silver dollars (1935-1967), along with the RCM commemorative issues (1971-Present), and other decimal pieces for a type set I decided to try putting together.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
610 Posts
 Posted Today  1H 49M ago  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EastVanRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian decimal circulation strikes, 1902 to present.

May expand to Vicky coinage, but not yet.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,163Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05