Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello Guys! I Am Seeking Knowledge For 1982 Quarter. Error Damage?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 239Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  04:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Peaceluvenluck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. I have looked up a coin here and there online but I have not taken the time to educate myself on Collecting/coin errors. However, last night while doing a little research I learned a few basic things. But I would love some input and knowledgable advice! 1. First I noticed the quarters edges. Curious is they are clipped planchet's with curved edge or if the coin was just dropped? There are two areas of the edges. And they are directly across from one another. One of the indentions seems to be smoother than the other. The other appears to have two small lines in the indention. 2. On the obverse, the letters on liberty E am R are faded or worn off to where you can not identify parts me the letters. And the rim is not visible in that area. Please note.. One of the possible planchet's, I mentioned in number one, is located onthe edge directly above the letters in liberty. #3 on obverse, slightly left of the year, is an small area that almost appears to be a bubble, perhaps a die error? please note..The second edge with the two small lines, is directly beneath the bubbled area. . #4 obverse about half way down the coin, on the left side, the rim isn't visible and in that area there may be a slight variance in color. Not sure what this is or how to further describe It. #5 the overall shape of the quarter seems a bit rigid. Its not a perfect circle. #6 without knowlege of grading system , overall the Washington's head and the writing lack definition and appears to be faint or very worn for the year. #7 reverse lettering on bottom of the coin is faded and a few letters are not visible. The coin looks like it slants downward in the area. There is no rim present. #8 top reverse the S and T in the word States in partially covered by the rim. This is also the area the edge is not consistent. #9 reverse, left side of coin, beneath the letter U, in united, the rim disappears from the left side following down to the bottom, and upward to the letter R in dollar, on the the right side of the coin. There is no presence of the rim. .#10 reverse, on the top area of eagles leg, just beneath his body is a small black line that doesn't appear to belong there. . Now I will attempt to post some photos. As I will be eagerly awaiting your educated input. Fairly certain this coin is damaged due to wear for the year. However, I will remain a bit hopeful that I am Wrong, and perhaps found a rare gem! anyway so much in advance.

Edited by Peaceluvenluck
11/22/2020 06:52 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36434 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  04:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Post good photos and your question in the proper section of the forum and we will help.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4009 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll be most happy to help you but we need

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
657 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it looks like it got shoved into a dryer at the laundromat one to many times...
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to be rather heavy circulation wear combined with some mash/blunt force-like hits. Better photos will tell a more complete story.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52037 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics of both sides would help.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47302 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a damaged coin. Just a face value example now. Damage lowers even a collectable variety into a cull coin. So it is damage to a coin is not a good thing.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
11/23/2020 11:43 am
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 239Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05