Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 D Jefferson Grade Opinions...pics With New Camera Setup!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 319Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1747 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  5:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this one up for $5.00 locally.

Thanks to the recommendations of hfjacinto, I picked up a new camera and macro lens. Been attempting to get settings figured out the past couple days. Hopefully now I can stop saying "forgive the sub par pics"....hopefully.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14594 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63+ 5 Stepper , good price.
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53576 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63+ as well..
Edited by Coinfrog
11/22/2020 5:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9286 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will say toned MS64 but just misses 5 steps at bottom left and maybe bottom of third pillar.
Fantastic pictures though.

Grading companies seem to be less strict in giving out full steps anymore. Ask on submission form and ye may receive.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14594 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but just misses 5 steps

You are correct , my bad :( I miscounted the Monticello floor as a step .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2905 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang good photos!

MS 63-64, it misses 5 steps but the photos are so good you can actually tell!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2115 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful coin and photos, Ty2020b.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1747 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all! I personally had this one at MS-64, better in hand luster. Also just missing the FS designation.

Will post a few more I picked up at the same time over the next few days. Found a few decent examples for my 7070, which I've been neglecting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9286 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 bucks was a super dooper buy too!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
9651 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think the eye appeal especially the obverse may hold this one to MS63 and I agree it just misses the steps designation.

BTW - nice photos
Edited by panzaldi
11/23/2020 08:01 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2345 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strong MS64.
Valued Member
United States
289 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say you have 90% chance PCGS gives you full steps. Very nice to see the side steps at each end of Monticello which is in my opinion is a bonus. I called PCGS 3 years ago to ask questions and they actually took my call. Normally they'll use 5x magnifier to grade coins. However, a Nickel like yours where it appears there is some possible bridging between the step lines, they'll use 10x magnification on the steps. Reason I called them is because I dropped $800 in grading fees for 20 Jefferson nickels and was very disappointed when I got the results with very few full steppers. I lost on grading but gained on knowledge.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 319Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05