Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Caz Is At It Again - So Many 1930 Pennies.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 362Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
499 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  6:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Box-Wit...114549925035

Looking at her feedback, every sale that includes coins has had a 1930 penny which she's not sure if genuine.

Funny how she has the gold jewelry tested but doesn't verify the authenticity of a potentially much more valuable coin. Also love how a worn coin is an error. Her listings always give me a cheer. And the bids confirm... there's a sucker born every minute.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17914 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would automatically assume the the '30 Penny is not genuine, and thus discount the value to zero, and think about a bid on the rest of them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
928 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
true david, but better than most people would do, 1930 without a doubt fake. Bidding is probably for the jewellery tho its roughly worth that much if sterling silver, however with postage eh not worth the trouble.

seen people with sets,and have a fake 1930 penny claim its the real deal. Sadly happens alot as many people would of inherited the coins (pennies) and have very little knowledge or when making a deal and you offer a fair deal try asking for more.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2022 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got to be fake and not agood one. Most shill sellers on Ebay have 100% Positive feedback, she has only 95.5%.

Why don't you guys report these sellers. On Stampboards they do well reporting fake stamp sellers, yet these fakers keep coming back under different names.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
928 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
some are worse then cockroaches
Valued Member
Australia
499 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

seen people with sets,and have a fake 1930 penny claim its the real deal. Sadly happens alot as many people would of inherited the coins (pennies) and have very little knowledge or when making a deal and you offer a fair deal try asking for more.

True, but she knows it's not the real deal and every lot of coins she sells has a 1930 penny so she's definitely salting each lot with a fake 1930 penny.

Quote:

Why don't you guys report these sellers.

No point. Firstly, she's pointed out is may be a fake so not claiming it's genuine. Secondly, when you try to report such things there is no appropriate "category" to select. Example. A while back I saw an early 1900s Japanese 1 yen coin. The title described it as a 1/2 yen (and more expensive) coin so the title was mis-leading. Guess what? No category to report such a practice. Thirdly, a bit like a Sin Tax, I suspect EBay doesn't want to crack down too hard on these sellers as at the end of the day, more sales means more Ebay profit.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17914 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Chinese are at it again.
I have seen very highly detailed centrifugal pressure die cast copies of 1930 Pennies, much like the detail in zinc die cast toys.
They usually appear red, but no luster. The lack of radial luster to the easiest way to pick them.

I would be happy to buy them for one Cent each. I pay 100 times that amount for genuine Chinese cash coins.
Valued Member
Australia
321 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THESE LISTINGS NEED TO BE REPORTED.
Report it as fake and if enough people do so Ebay will take notice.

"The item in this listing is a replica coin, replica paper money, or replica stamp that has not been clearly marked as a reproduction, replica, or copy."
Edited by echidna
12/01/2020 04:19 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3951 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@echidna, I don't think that would work due to a technicality/ loophole.

The pictures are poor enough that you can't positively prove it is a fake, nor was it ever claimed to be either real or fake.

Notwithstanding the improbability that the seller seems to have an endless supply of boxes that just happen to have a very rare coin in them, that also just happen to be the one that looks uncirculated, the listing probably does not violate the letter of the eBay rules.

Clever or devious.
Edited by oriole
12/01/2020 11:09 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
743 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2020  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The image is more than clear enough to identify it as a fake just by the shape of the digits. For the seller to be ambiguous about the "coin" being maybe a fake actually shows that they are clearly lying as no seller of possibly genuine rarities would sell a coin worth a years wages for under a days pay.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 362Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05