Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 O $5 Eagle/Indian Head Coin Real Or Fake?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 387Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  6:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add EJ25 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys I was hoping someone could see if my coin is real or not I don't think it is but I'm no expert just wondering it its worth anything

Pillar of the Community
United States
9542 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is fake.
ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53521 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Totally fake.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5753 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% fake.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17882 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that it IS a fake, but a fantasy coin.
BLP Half Eagles never had rims.
Learn More...
United States
94239 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add perfessor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with sel_69I. I think it is a fantasy coin. Interesting design.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once you put a date, mint mark, and denomination on it, I'd call it a fake and not a fantasy coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53521 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here, here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2713 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are lots of examples of fakes with dates and/or mintmarks that don't exist, like Trade dollars from the 1860's. If it's produced with intent to deceive, it's a fake, not a fantasy coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
676 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Phake....
Learn More...
United States
18252 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
just wondering it its worth anything

I feel pretty safe saying that there is zero to negligible gold (perhaps a wash on the surface) on this piece so no intrinsic value either.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
20011 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
just wondering it its worth anything

Every thing is worth something.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
18252 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are the rascal today @just_carl.

Certainly worth less than face value, right?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53521 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not every thing is worth something. When the Salvation Army turns you down, it's worth nothing.
Edited by Coinfrog
12/05/2020 8:40 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 387Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05