Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 Aust 1$ Coin With Stamped ... 4 ...near And Over The Date ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 304Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
165 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  07:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
what say ye.... PMD ....or ? would you say...?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
8481 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD
Called a counter stamp. Someone for some reason has stamped the coin
after it left the mint.
Valued Member
Australia
165 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes thanks....JimmyD ....

i beleave that there are some other coins stamped with other

numbers to....? but what for ?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
849 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i beleave that there are some other coins stamped with other

numbers to....? but what for ?
One possible explanation can be found here
https://www.australian-coins.com/co...nt%20damage.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53688 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll probably never learn the reason. I've got a pile of these I've saved over the years.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
635 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the reasons here in Oz. is Juke Box/Pin Ball machines can be used by the host(to drum up business) and for refunds,the Coins are marked so when counted by the Machine Owners they are returned to the Business.Our Business had a 4L(Gallon) Ice Cream Container full of marked $1 Coins..
Valued Member
Australia
165 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2021  04:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chm8Tin2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the info every one ...

looks like it goes into my folder of odds...

thanks again
Valued Member
Australia
496 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny, I just found either a 20c or $1 stamped with a U last night. Knew it was post mint damage so didn't keep but may keep some in future as curiosities.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5228 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Funny, I just found either a 20c or $1 stamped with a U last night. Knew it was post mint damage so didn't keep but may keep some in future as curiosities.
Maybe not PMD if it was $1, check the date as the RAM did 3 x $1 in 2019, each one stamped either A, U, or S, with 35 just under the big roos' belly.

They were to commemorate 35 yrs of the $1 coin. I don't get the significance of 35 years.

Check here https://www.ramint.gov.au/one-dollar

Oops, I got some of that back to front, the A,U & S are Under the large roo, the 35 are further up on the coin.

Here's an image to show you where to look, The arrow pointers and blue coloured circles were added by me.
$1 2019 AUS 35 IRB Duo

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Edited by Nevol
01/13/2021 7:05 pm
Valued Member
Australia
496 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nevol - Was definitely a punch U as opposed to the A,U and S privy marks. From memory the coin was a bit banged up and certainly older than 2019.

I never thought about the significance of 35 years until you mentioned it. Now I have another conundrum to think about in the wee hours of the morning. Thanks!
Edited by David Graham
01/14/2021 8:04 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 304Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05