Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1861-1908 Qing Dynasty Empress Dowager

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 259Next Topic  

Saudi Arabia
12 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  03:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shuayb_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, was wondering if this is real or if its a counterfeit, and how would you tell.
Also wanted to know how to differentiate between a real and a counterfeit.

Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
3317 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was never such a coin struck. This is part of a souvenir "token" set.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37799 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Saudi Arabia
12 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shuayb_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gxseries...

I couldn't get you.. There was never such a coin struck.

is this a counterfeit.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2926 Posts
Learn More...
United States
18679 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@shuayb, first welcome to CCF. Second, just to clarify what @gc and @keith are saying. This piece is not a counterfeit in the sense that it was struck unofficially and intended to be used as money. Rather it is a souvenir token. Of course, we are glad to answer any questions that you have, but I think that you will find numista.com to be a great resource for comparing your pieces.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Australia
952 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2021  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... o.o yes it's fake, and very common and terrible one at that.

That's why there probably a sarcastic tone to everyones reply, there will be maybe a 3-4 post (maybe same counterfieters) a year asking the exact same question, next time weight and search internet first. I guessing you got it in a set therefore very likely others are fake as well.
Saudi Arabia
12 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shuayb_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well ryurazu,
M sorry if my reply felt sarcastic.
will check upon the weight, had tested it through magnet.
yes till some extent had found it with other coins but not in a store. it was in my Late Grandfathers collection.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 259Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05