Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1896 S Barber Quarter Forum Vs TPG

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 579Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This example was an acceptable option and representive of the other G4's in my set. I acquired the coin on recommendation of seller who offered it at the price of several better AG3's that I felt were all over the place. Have seriously considerd 15 AG3's IMO PCGS and NGC appear to now have AG3 Fair AG3 pretty good and AG3 almost a 4? For 500 + I want full rims even if on an ugly 1896S that's it in a nutshell. Not assembling the kansaslegacy set but its money in the bank any barber going in will be one I approved of.
Thin skin Cammy they call me. Coinfrogg, I value and appreciate your opionion almost all the time the rest depends on if you agree with me
Thanks all.
Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Were is the coin in the above pict.
Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2021  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunter611 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the slab the slab for the coin posted in the opening post?
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the label shown belongs to the example in post. These pics were taken in natural room lighting with no editing.
Coin has subtle qualities that come to the front better in hand. Purchased on "make offer" for an amount slightly above a better graded AG3 and good chunk below what a average graded G4 goes for, ebays algorthym does not always show true sold price but rest assured didn't pay what's archived. In hand I don't see any indication of a cleaning, a low end G4 due to funkiness of reverse with normal face scratches etc.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2719 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, your unedited obverse slab photo looks the best. Just not a very photogenic coin. Congrats on knocking off that key!
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's juniors big sister - she's pretty, the Bell of my G4 -VG Ball today was "battle of the 13 S's" and she stole my heart-that's another adventure story.

Edited by luvmyCAM
01/13/2021 11:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5363 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now, that's a G-4 with some eye appeal!
Congrats.
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you,been working on a nice 1913 S for several weeks it came together on phone with executive coin company. Very commendable outfit was given bottom line from get go which was basically 50 over auction average and I accepted. Ebay/ppal really pinches sellers with fees and I feel for them on less than 1000.00 but 1000+ for an AG or 1400 on a G4 doesn't work for me. All holes now plugged except the "King" am using patience and prudent mindset for the AG that fits. Here is unedited in hand pics the white spot was piece of cotton lint on top of holder.

Edited by luvmyCAM
01/14/2021 12:09 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 579Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05