Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can You Guess The Minmark From The OBV Alone?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 151Next Topic  

United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  10:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here it is.

This was very hard for me to crop.
Other than that, this is one of my favorite Peace dollars with nice light purple toning on both sides, and would grade AU-58 to me. (P, D, or S)? There is an obvious clue that tells you the mintmark from a device variant on the obv.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3643 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  11:14 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1934 Denver DDO .
Rotate and sharpen Picture .
Valued Member
Canada
60 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've no clue but maybe rotate the pic right side up.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53455 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best to remove the coin from its holder and then rotate the image(s) before posting, using the "Preview" feature to check the orientation.

to the CCF!
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed I do know this VAM number; I was wondering if others would notice as Pacificoin did...
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VAMsforMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A mint in Colorado.
Pillar of the Community
United States
666 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
34-D VAM 3 or 4. Major score if it's a VAM 4.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is a vam-3 DDO from Denver, and I actually did not know that when I bought it from an antique store as an upgrade from my previous 34-D. It is only when I went to vamworld.com that I "discovered" it. On vamming, I almost always go to the important and rare and valuable VAM numbers first, then move onto the more common vams if my dollar doesn't fit those descriptions. I know even the vam-3 here carries a higher premium than most other 34-D vams. Yep, I would have been tickled pink if it had been the vam-4, but still not complaining at all for this vam-3.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are hopefully better pics of the 34-D vam-3.

Ok, that should do it, I hope.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I did manage to get these right side up, since I am doing all this from a touchphone, so I simply rotated the phone camera 90 degrees to get it to proper orientation.
This coin definitely looks better in person though.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 151Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05