Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

This Guy Saved Pennies For 45 Years.

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,148Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15085 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Imagine somebody from the early 20th century saving all those pennies and then taking them to the bank in wheel barrels .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
1110 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd prefer 19th century with jugs full of large cents!
Learn More...
United States
98386 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd prefer 19th century with jugs full of large cents!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
826 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add punman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is hoarding that many coins a mental illness or just a metal illness?
Learn More...
United States
98386 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is hoarding that many coins a mental illness or just a metal illness?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1723 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terrible.

Lol :-D
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9486 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Publicity for the bank, and a story for ABC news, else I doubt they would have taken them.
They need the publicity, that parking lot looks very empty at 1:15 in the video.
I thought there would be way more money than $5136.14
I suppose I learned a large water cooler jug of cents holds about $340.00.

I remember hearing quite some time ago that volume wise, silver dimes are worth the most with the space they take up. A jug of dimes is worth more than a jug of quarters or halves.
There's a tip for you silver bullion coin hoarders. LOL

A penny saved, is a hernia earned!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56122 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So then, Mr. Smarty, which has more face value, a jug of dimes or a jug of quarters?
Edited by Coinfrog
01/14/2021 1:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4767 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a lot of pennies.

That's a lot of cents?

I think the word penny has its place.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
98386 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3691 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, for the most part, the accumulation WAS unsearched.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9486 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
which as more face value, a jug of dimes or a jug of quarters?

Given they were filled to the very top and were the exact same size jugs, a jug of dimes would have more face value inside by the information I have posted. I think it has something to do with the coin surfaces and unoccupied space.
Of course, this experiment can be done on a smaller scale. (which I might try)
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56122 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Ditto with quarters versus half dollars, I'm assuming?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15085 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok , here's one for you guys , same size jug filled to top with Quarters and another jug filled to top with $10 bills rolled up or folded 4 times . Which one would have more face value
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56122 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2021  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing the $10 bills, unless you shredded them. Lets take $5K, which is only 500 $10 bills, which would fit easily in a single jug. Doubt you could fit $5K worth of quarters into a single jug.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,148Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05