Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Innovation $1 Coin Products Honoring South Carolina Available Beginning On January 19

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 175Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  6:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
American Innovation $1 Coin Products Honoring South Carolina Available Beginning On January 19
2021, January 19

US Mint - WASHINGTON- The United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for product options containing South Carolina American Innovation $1 Coins beginning on January 19 at noon EST. The coins are uncirculated quality from the Mint's Philadelphia and Denver facilities. Available product options and pricing are below.
CODE    PRODUCT OPTION   PRICE
20GRD 	25-Coin Roll-P 	 $34.50
20GRH 	25-Coin Roll-D 	 $34.50
20GBD 	100-Coin Bag-P 	 $117.50
20GBH 	100-Coin Bag-D 	 $117.50

The American Innovation $1 Coin Program is a multi-year series featuring distinctive reverse (tails) designs that pay homage to America's ingenuity and celebrate the pioneering efforts of individuals or groups from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories.

The American Innovation $1 Coin representing South Carolina honors educator and civil rights activist Septima Poinsette Clark. The coin's reverse design depicts Ms. Clark marching with three young African American students carrying books and an American flag, representing that education and literacy among oppressed people is necessary for empowerment and enjoyment of civil rights. The inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "SEPTIMA CLARK," and "SOUTH CAROLINA." The obverse (heads) of American Innovation $1 Coins features a dramatic representation of the Statue of Liberty in profile with the inscriptions "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "$1." The obverse also includes a privy mark of a stylized gear, representing industry and innovation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1669 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shouldn't this thread be in the commemorative coin section?

This is the first dollar in the series that I'm disappointed in. While I think that people standing up for individual civil rights are worthy of commemorating (perhaps in another series), I think this one has strayed too far from the innovation subject matter. Civil rights are not an innovation that someone created. We're endowed with them.

Regardless, I'll buy the rolls, proof set and reverse proof as I really like the series overall. In every series there's likely to be a few that miss the mark.
Learn More...
United States
95662 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My home state for over 35 years. I will see this one in the proof set when it comes out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4742 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I could be excited about this but I'm not for obvious reasons.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 175Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05