Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Proof Quarter Missing Designer Initials

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 257Next Topic  

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  1:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shereeses to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I haven't found anything in my online search about a proof modern Washington quarter that is missing the designers initials but, I believe I have one. This community has been very helpful thus far so any feedback is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

First let me apologize for the poor picture quality. Also, the scratches and imperfections you see are on the case containing the proof set. Being encased is also the reason for the glare, the resolution and the poor quality all around. The blue tint seen on the coins is actually on the coins though.

I included pictures of a couple other coins in the set so you see the initials on them vs. the quarter, as well.

The last image is extremely magnified and shows a slight impression of where the initials should be visible to the naked eye. The set has never been opened. Thank you!!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1342 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The initials are hard to see in the first place but in your last picture you can see them just to the above right of the 2.

EDIT: JF (John Flanagan)
Edited by Rothery
01/15/2021 3:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48863 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are there, just weakened. The light has to be at a different angle to see them.

Question of the Day: What years didn't have initials on the obverse of quarters? (Highlight the blank areas between the questions to see the answers.)
1932-1938, 1941-1942.

What years had weak initials on the Washington quarter?
1939 and 1940.

What was the first year of the Washington quarter to have the strong initials?
1943-forward.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/15/2021 6:19 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48863 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump? Everyone figure out how to find the answers?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gymcoachdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, but I haven't figured out how you did it!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48863 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Changed the color. Changed it from black,to white. Sure that is not on the list, but used the formula, ]white] (I used the first bracket backwards so you can see the formula, then closed it ]/white].
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2697 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  07:00 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THANKS, COOP!
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 257Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05