Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1975 D Jefferson Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 138Next Topic  
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  6:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rigs0880 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Im back with another nickel, I'm having trouble identifying the mint mark.
I thought I saw a P inside the D with simple eye site but after inspecting it I just see a filled mint mark.
When I zoom in I get the images you see here wondering if someone can tell me what they think of this pre war composition specimen.

Pillar of the Community
United States
951 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
since there were no P mint marks at that time, it must be a D, looks to be a filled D
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54891 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Broken post die chip on a D mint mark, I'm guessing.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7004 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That and paridolia.
The slabbed Half dollar No G farce: Download No-FG half vs. Grading Company Claims report here:
https://tinyurl.com/yalrstjz or higher resolution version: https://tinyurl.com/y7rksxu8

- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rigs0880 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coinfrog and @nick10 it threw me off a bit I hadn't seen one like that and today ive been digging through nickels all day and found some beautys I thought I had another one & &
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1380 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2021  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could also be the "D" took a hit in circulation and filled in. Picture 3 shows the D indented into the coin a little bit.

Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 138Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05