Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1994 Lincoln Memorial. Can You Help Explain What I Am Looking At?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 491Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
300 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  10:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't know what this phenomena is called. Striation lines? Anyone help?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2225 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a trail die, nice find!
https://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very neat.
Seems to be 1994P-1DER-023T which is #5 on the top 50 trails on the website that Tunnioc shared.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1376 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2021  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1469 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice trail die! Pretty sure this is the same one that the forum member Kloccwork has as their profile picture
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37794 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  04:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great trail die,2x2 worthy for sure.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ty for identifying this for me! I had no idea what I was looking at. Does this carry any premium? Could not find any for sale on EBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2745 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  07:29 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it has some premium, how much? I have no clue.

Brilliant find nonetheless!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Human progress can only be achieved through trial and error.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37794 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure because that your coin has major trails it has a premium, how much no idea. I have a bunch of trail dies and even a few of mine are on the trail die web site
You could try eBay with a starting price of 99
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
5549 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A great example of Trail Die,it does carry a small premium above the face value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3996 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now there you go...that's a very nice find...
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
3022 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good example.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3110 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's one of the really great trail dies, nice find! You won't find such things on ebay all that often as folks who try to sell them quickly learn that few collect them. Yours, however, is in the upper tier and should go for something a bit over ten bucks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48930 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What to look for (terminolog) on trail dies:
http://www.traildies.com/terminolog...n-this-site/
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TippyCanoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ty you all for the advice and education.
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow nice find. I'm still pulling my 83s back out for that new DDO ear
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 491Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05