Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Brand New - Is This A DDO 1977

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 237Next Topic  

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ABS21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Thank you...brand new to collecting...new microscope..is this a double die on god and we...decent 1977 Lincoln cent
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8909 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

The correct term is Doubled Die and dory but yours is not.
Looks like Die Deterioration Doubling. (DDD)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48921 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is die wear. The metal shows towards the rim. Eventually that will reach the rim and start forming die flow lines. As the die ages, the fields show flow lines. Eventually they are polished away, and new ones will form again. Just part of the die aging process.

The next polishing happens, then the fields start to reduce the size of the devices like the image above, and note, more die flow lines are forming. But that die is just starting to show die wear. When it reaches the point like the image I posted, it is in the VLDS die state. and the next 54% of the coins struck by this die will look even worse, that it does at this point.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABS21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for your replies! I have A LOT to learn! I really appreciate your time and expertise!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh boy! A new microscope. That should keep you busy finding errors...........
Pillar of the Community
United States
5035 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please use direct coin to camera photography to show us your coins, not shots of monitors. It is difficult for us to see what issues you have when you just photograph your monitor screen. Thanks.

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37787 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ABS21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do! Micro sd card just came in tonight! Thanks again everyone! Much appreciated! Stay well!
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good luck on your hunt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48921 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ABS21: Welcome to the forum. Note on the bottom of the message, you will see numbers 1-5. These are YouTube videos. About 20 minutes long, 2 hours total. The links are on my signature line below. Also when you see CoopHome typed in a message. Note it turns blue. Click on that and it will take you to an educational thread with various thread topics with thousands of images. A lot of subject are covered. Either in specific threads, or tags of information I've added to various threads. Check this out and it will help cover bases a lot quicker. Take you time with these threads. If you see a subject you really enjoyed. Place a comment and others will benefit that thread coming back up to the top so other new ones can read it for the first time, or as a refresher course.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 237Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05