Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1855 S Seated Half Dollar, You Vs NGC

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 537Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1043 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at AU-53, although it may details from an old cleaning. I'd still snatch this beauty up in a second though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9797 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF45 maybe pushing AU but I think the cleaning may details the coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
623 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say AU 50.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
xf details cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
5408 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably sneaks into an AU-50 technical grade based on remaining luster and a very nice reverse. Faint signs of an old cleaning might "detail" the coin, or generate a net XF-45 straight grade.
Agreed, very tough date. If price were not a concern this is the date I'd like for a "no motto, with arrows" type coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
681 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is graded AU 50. I was thinking XF45 obverse and AU53 reverse, so maybe net AU50.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1828 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Heymikep, I'm a little late to the party here. AU-50 certainly is a reasonable grade for this one. It has solid eye appeal. What a tough coin in any grade. Your coin has rock solid eye appeal. That's a beaut!

This would be an interesting coin to net grade if my "AU slider" option of EF-48 comes to pass.

I agree that the obverse has a little more evident wear than an AU-50 should have. That reverse, though, is fantastic. I wonder if the reverse could snag it a bean?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2013 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Congrats on a tough one. Good looking example even with the old cleaning.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1377 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful high dollar half!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 537Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05