Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1937-D 5c Buffalo Nickel 3 Legs

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 175Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  9:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking at this nickel. These are the only images I have. Seems to check all the boxes as far as being authentic. Would love to hear from the community. What grade and will it straight grade with the rim dings?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9374 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A rim ding and maybe a rim cud, I'd say definately genuine XF40-45 neighborhood. Don't know if the ding makes it damaged? Great coin!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2006 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough one, those dings could very well Details this one. Also tough with these pics to tell if those surfaces have been messed with, possibly cleaned. Low AU, if it straight grades.
Edited by Ty2020b
01/20/2021 10:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5826 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rim dings really hurt this coin. It will not straight grade.

Looks to be AU'ish details.

If you think the rim ding looks bad now, just wait till you spend money on the coin! The rim ding will then be 10x worse!

Keep looking for a better coin. There is no shortage of 3-leggers!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54848 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Genuine but likely a details coin as mentioned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7723 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it could go either way as to straight or details. If I submitted it it would probably be details.
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback. It is in an auction and I was tempted to bid and get a "bargain."
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 175Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05