Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2006 LMC Rim To Rim Die Crack

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 297Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Going through some old rolls and found this

Pillar of the Community
United States
2348 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello RW1010

looks like linear blisters http://www.error-ref.com/?s=blister
at least the top half for sure
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks levelsofmadness. I was thinking the plating blister is combined with the crack because of the crack going through the c in America. I'll see if I can get a picture of it
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1260 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a pretty good one - sure does look like a die crack that fed into a linear plating blister.
Learn More...
United States
18600 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen a die crack match up with a linear plating bubble before, so if that is what this is, that is kinda interesting. One possible alternate interpretation is that it is all a linear plating bubble, with the bottom part collapsed down and leaving just the seam. I'm not sure though.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rothery and Spence. I took these pics earlier so I have to find it again to get better pics. I think it's cool and interesting too
Pillar of the Community
United States
3966 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like to see a close-up of the E in ONE with the rim...If it was a linear blister prior to strike, could the strike compress the blister and give the appearance of a crack?
Just my thoughts...
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Greasy Fingers. Here's the e in one and a few more looks at it. Glare in some pics make it look like there's nothing there when it is. Not to say the die crack is fully formed but you can see it cracked on both sides of the rim

Pillar of the Community
United States
3966 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough call, lower part of coin looks like a die crack that conveniently fades into a linear blister. I'm still on the fence....
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Greasy Fingers. Maybe a early stage die crack or dual error? Either way I would think this would form into a cud if not retired early due to the opposing cracks on the rim.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48688 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does it press down with a toothpick? It may be both? The lower area looks like a crack. On AMERICA it would like a plating bubble. Let us know it any part or all of it presses down?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coop. I tried my best to depress it but nothing moving. This is the result

Pillar of the Community
United States
1325 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if it's a crack from edge to edge, it should crack through the A and C of America, just like it does in the E and the N of cent.
it should not go under or behind the letters, if it's a crack up there, it should interrupt the letters as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
637 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RW1010 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Big-Kingdom. Looks like c and a are affected. The Memorial building also has a crack in it. So its cracked in the middle and both edges from my view. I can't say 100% but highly likely
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 297Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05