Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Regular Strike Of Coins Of Your Country

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 207Next Topic  
Valued Member
Russian Federation
190 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Do you collect regular coins from your country? Since 2016, in Russia, they began to mint coins with a changed coat of arms, and then I thought, why not start collecting these coins, but I quickly abandoned it. What do you think about this?
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8101 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I most certainly do collect current UK coins, but sadly there haven't been many issued for circulation over the last two or three years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5146 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't collect US coins dated after 1964.
1964 was the last year the US issued business coins struck in 90% silver.
Kennedy half dollars after 1964 were only 20% silver.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20084 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suggest collecting any coins you can for now. I really forsee a near future without coins. Without any cash at all. Eventually everything will be done electronically by means of credit or debit type cards. So coinage of any type will be sort of ancient.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a good poin, Carl (just Carl) but I think that the mint will continue to make coins for collectors and for historical occasions. But, yes coins for circulation will come to an end at some point.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2205 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do, and you can see the results of these in our Australia/NZ how far back can you go thread.

I collect at least 1 of each of every coin and date here in New Zealand and lately are also doing the same for Australia and even Fiji!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As a type collector I'm generally pretty interested in getting one of everything that is available. Unfortunately the albums I use, Library of Coins (which stops pre-'64) and a Dansco 7070, lack spaces for more modern coinage.

I am in the process of finding a storage solution that will let me continue to collect modern coinage as it comes out. Perhaps a blank album with cent --> small dollar spaces.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 207Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05