Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1968 Turntable Due Flip Spin? Somebody Please Help Me Identify Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 220Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Samcopper43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been coin roll hunting for a long time and never seen one like this sings going to buy me a new house or something probably be keeping it. That being said I could really use some help identifying what kind of error this is.
I know it happened at the mint despite looking from far away there's a pattern and there's too many stamps on the rim that seem to be the right size for it to be a vice job but maybe I'm wrong. Anyways any feedback would be very appreciated thank you

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Samcopper43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1457 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is just a seriously chewed up penny. Looks like it spent a couple months getting run over in a busy street or something. I can 1000% guarantee it's not a mint error.

Edit: Or maybe took a trip down the garbage disposal. Either way, spend it for sure.
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Edited by SamCoin
01/25/2021 12:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4424 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I can 1000% guarantee it's not a mint error.

Seconded. Sorry to disappoint, but consider it a learning opportunity. Keep looking and you might find something good!

Edit: Going forward, we can offer more help if you show both sides of the coin. In this case, though, I don't think that would change the verdict.
Edited by Numisma
01/25/2021 12:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2970 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sadly, not a mint error.
Learn More...
United States
96038 Posts
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Samcopper43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Samcopper43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1342 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Kloccwork419's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Kloccwork419 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That coin is destroyed. Not an error. Just badly damaged. Did not happen at the mint.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1959 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I concur with those above. There is nothing in the minting process that could produce a coin like yours. What you seeing is the result of damage after the strike.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Samcopper43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad I put it up there the fact that there's three liberties on the back 4 dates I really thought it was an error thanks guys I would have been looking for a while. Owe y'all 1
Pillar of the Community
United States
1959 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you feel strongly about your coin , enough so as to state that it is a fact that these things are there , then you should pursue this and send it in to an expert for in hand inspection. It may cost a few dollars but you will have peace of mind. We can only give you opinions based on your photos and our experience.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 220Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05