Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1869 2 Cents Wanted To Share

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 384Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  2:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So not really for grading purpose but, Wife always says that I gotta put my 2cents in a the time well now I can say its because I own my 2cents I can provide lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2001 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if you want us to grade or not, but if so VG Details, ED and altered surfaces.
Pillar of the Community
United States
612 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surfaces look oily to me. AT?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1358 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks a bit polished but still nice to have one, with mintage of 2 cent pieces at around 36 million total for all years 1864-73
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54828 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, not original surfaces.
Pillar of the Community
United States
612 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mikes Mountain Values?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
definitely not oily maybe cleaned at 1 time or another was hard taking the pics due to a weaker strike even with side lighting was hard to get god we trust its there but the we is very faint.Has nice die crack in states also.
Edited by Eyez
01/26/2021 5:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
9791 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F details
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Skeletonwizard8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that thing has been polished to the depths of Tartarus- Sad to see
Pillar of the Community
United States
7636 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  03:36 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love me a deuce coin no matter the condition! What's up on the reverse around 7:00 o'clock? Is that a CUD?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@westcoin almost looks like a start of a lam , nvm thought you said obv its just some wear same as in cents.
Edited by Eyez
01/28/2021 12:02 pm
Valued Member
United States
217 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  10:49 am  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great topic and quality responses. I agree that any modifications or cleanings overpower the grade that would be there if left alone. Very uneven wear. Some portions, like south and southwest reverse look VF, while obverse and denticle wear looks VG at best. Just my ... (better not say 2 cents worth)

I have several 2-cent pieces and am wondering about a good/reliable resource to learn more about grading these coins? I am interested in errors or varieties here, too. I can use PCGS and NGC grading info and Photograde, but they seem inadequate. Advice appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2846 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is not original, but I like it. Nice fun coin that has been polished or coated.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
539 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it depends on lighting really was trying to get the tone I seen but heres an obv I took without angled lighting for the tone.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21948 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF details, cleaned.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 384Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05