Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 Penny DDR On The Lu

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 172Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  11:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bluheart to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37690 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. In focus pics please. Also,one full coin pic obverse & one full coin pic reverse as well as one or two close ups when needed,properly cropped and rotated before posting...thanks. Not seeing a DDR with that pic,sorry.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bluheart. I have to agree with John1 about it not looking like a DDR and that better pics are needed. Based on your picture it looks like PMD on the L and U where these devices possibly took a hit of some sort and flattened them. Also, not sure what reverse design Bi-Centennial Lincoln you have but the 2009 (Philly) Lincoln-Formative years (Lincoln pictured sitting on a log on the reverse) has numerous known die varieties that exhibit doubling. Your coin has to be either this reverse design or the Lincoln-Presidency reverse design due to the motto being positioned close to the rim whereas the two other reverse designs exhibit the motto more in the middle of the reverse. This doubling will be found on Lincoln's LEFT hand and will show as an extra finger with the most common examples showing an extra finger located between his thumb and first finger. There are a lot of examples of this type of DDR variety that you can find all over the internet. You may already know this but just thought I'd throw it out there in case you weren't aware. Thanks.
Edited by Scuba1
01/27/2021 1:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48772 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The DDR's are on the central areas of the design:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
96 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent diagrams Coop! You have all the cool tools for sure! Pictures are worth a thousand words in this instance no doubt. Thanks for adding in the Early Childhood DDR pics.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48772 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 11.3K total images on my site right now. (and still adding every day)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 172Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05