Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Discovered This 2011 Golden Dollar Doubled Die In My Collection

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 293Next Topic  
Valued Member

Trinidad And Tobago
388 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  11:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just discovered this 2011 Golden Dollar Doubled Die in my collection

The Presidential
Golden Dollar
Die Variety Book
2011-P 1$ RH DDRs

Pillar of the Community
United States
3190 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  09:18 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm having difficulty seeing any doubling on your coin, can you point out what you are seeing?

There's only one DDR known on the Hayes Dollar, and it's not a match to your coin: http://www.varietyvista.com/15%20Go...20dollar.htm
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
388 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will check again. Doubling at the lips but I would update soon.
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
388 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doubling at the lips and even the spikes. Here is a comparison of a normal Presidential that I have and the DD one.

NORMAL

DD Lips , spikes .etc.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48794 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No listings on the sites. Not seeing a DDO.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
388 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is my coin looking normal ? Look at the face . The lips. Is that normal ?
This could be the same DD as I compared it where grease my have blocked the little spike from showing.
The mouth is undisputedly not normal and looks like the real thing.
I would try to get less bright pics to show you guys what I see.

Die Stage and Markers
Description: Strong spread North-Northeast as an extra spike from Liberty's crown and an extra set of lips.
Reported by: John Warden

Comments: Rutherford Hayes Presidential dollar.
Stage A Photos
Pillar of the Community
United States
1329 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've nothing to add, here, I don't find reference to it, or the book title either.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6993 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interested in how this turns out.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
388 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If my coin is different then based on your experience can you explain the difference.
Could be a new discovery.
So in this group we don't discover anything. Once it is not exactly as in a book then we dismiss.
Is there any room for a rational explanation why a coin like mine which is shiny and not damaged seem to coincidently have an issue at the same lip area as the listed DD?
Anyone can compare pictures but I thought groups like this would give alternative explanations to situations where there is a definite difference in a coin. I just want to know if the lip area looks normal or not. If no; then what is your conjecture?
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 293Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05