Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 Canadian Dot Penny

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,342Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58221 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"not a dot strike-through"
Edited by Coinfrog
02/09/2021 9:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1042 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add M_d_in_guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin Frog, I believe a punctuation error.

Not a dot, it's a strike through, is perhaps what Rocky meant.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58221 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2021  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is not a strike-through, or a dot, or anything else I can see from the OP's pics.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3917 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread ..... My vote so far for the 2021 ... " Annual Dean Award"
Wow!
Edited by Pacificoin
02/10/2021 09:59 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58221 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I apologize if I offended anyone, really. It was not my intention.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1375 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rocky,
If you have any doubts about all the above opinions.
simply remove all doubts and send it in for certification...
the cert bill and result will give you peace.
and you know for sure.
however, miracles and surprises have happened, even with TPG's.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2139 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing any dot sorry. I will put up photos later. the mag I am working at. I need to tighten down even more. the vibration is to much. I will find some way to get a good shot. the bead you are seeing is part of a group of beads. ok I dont want to say this wrong. at the top of the worst die clash on this coin is a depression in the metal. what it looks like to me is a square. give me a few days I will try to tight this a little more. the answer is in that depression. as soon as I photograph this so we can see it clearly. I will post the photo here. thank you all
Valued Member
108 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 829729742 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i see a dot above the hole
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@829729742 The dot cent was never out in circulation. The two coins know come from same source, an ex employee of the mint. Till mid 60's was like wild west to the mint, printers banknotes and stamps. Many reject or scrap go out and latter sell at a high premium. In this case is clear. The mint made those coins but but soon the new die come out and they just keep for short time end later melted.

Many fake come out years after but no one was certified.

If you look for ephemeras, go look but chance to find are under number "0".
Edited by silviosi
04/06/2021 7:30 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,342Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05