Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1929 Wheat Cent Close To Full Red

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 665Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2732 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  11:33 pm Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received this coin today. It's not quite full red, but close to it and very clean. The red color is a bit brighter than the photos show.

Paul Bulgerin
Edited by Paul Bulgerin
02/12/2021 11:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin_obsessed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm... MS-65? Not quite sure on color.

Edited by coin_obsessed
02/12/2021 11:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4391 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice specimen. Photo color may be a tad off if the white balance isn't accurate. I could go with MS65.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5637 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few circulation hit MS64
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15419 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64BN ,from what I'm looking at . Nice Wheat cent .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10192 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've looked at a lot of LWC's using photos. I'm with TBOP on this one for color MS65BN. I'm not seeing enough marks on either side that would lower it to 64 we well as the strike and eye appeal
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2732 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried some different lighting to try and show how much red the coin does have. I would call it red and brown, with more red than brown.

Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58340 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-64RB. Very attractive.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64RB
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2732 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses. I picked it up on eBay for $8.50 so I'm pretty happy with it.
Paul Bulgerin
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17019 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65RD with cartwheel spokes, 64 at worst.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1571 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a very fine grained woody. These often get a lower grade than non-woodies because the eyes see the streaks and unconsciously deduct points.

I would be at 66RD technical grade, and a market grade of 65.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10192 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sticking with my MS65 grade but upgrading the color from BN to RB. I cant see this one at RD
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree that seeing the coin up close and personal would help...

But, I am wondering about the crosshatching at the top of the right wheat in photo 2 that is absent from the first photo? Why did that now appear?

Need to hold off from extending a grade here without understanding this difference. Any thoughts on this?

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2732 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The crosshatching is not on the right wheat stalk. I think it's just from the different lighting used.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2053 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one! The obverse looks to be a solid MS-65. The only question for me with the reverse is the minor scuffing on the "O" of ONE. The reverse is on the MS-64/MS-65 bubble. Overall, it sure looks like a net MS-65RB to me.

You at least doubled your money at 64, and knocked it out of the park if it snags a 65. Fantastic buy.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 665Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05