Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Coin Designer Emily Damstra Signs Exclusive PCGS Signature Labels For 2021 Silver Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 478Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  11:22 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
PCGS - (Santa ANA, California) - Professional Coin Grading Service (www.PCGS.com) is pairing exclusive signed labels bearing the signature of United States coin designer Emily Damstra, a renowned natural science illustrator and current member of the United States Mint's Artistic Infusion Program. She has multiple United States coin design credits to her name, including the 2021 Christa McAuliffe Commemorative Silver Dollar and forthcoming new reverse on the American Silver Eagle.

An Emily Damstra PCGS Hand-Signed Label.

" Emily Damstra is one of the leading numismatic artists of our day, and we are proud to offer hand-signed signature labels that honor her work," says PCGS President Brett Charville. "Damstra's art captures the world around us, telling a captivating story that teaches and inspires."

"Being able to share my passion for visual storytelling with a wider audience is a tremendous privilege," Damstra reflects.

She notes that working on the reverse for the American Silver Eagle was a unique opportunity to leave a lasting impression on a beloved coin. "It was with great care and consideration that I undertook the assignment to design the reverse side of the American Eagle one ounce silver coin, aware that many coin collectors revere the classic Walking Liberty design by Adolph A. Weinman on the obverse. I knew that it would be a challenge to follow the lead of John Mercanti, the United States Mint sculptor and engraver (and later United States Mint chief engraver) who created the original reverse design a superb rendering of a heraldic eagle."

Damstra has designed many United States coins and medals, including:

2021 - American Silver Eagle, Reverse
2021 - Christa McAuliffe Commemorative Silver Dollar, Reverse
2020 - Tallgrass Prairie (Kansas) America the Beautiful Quarter, Reverse
2020 - Massachusetts American Innovation Dollar, Reverse
2020 - Steve Gleason Bronze Medal, Reverse
2019 - River of No Return (Idaho) America the Beautiful Quarter, Reverse
2019 - Georgia American Innovation Dollar, Reverse
2019 - Native American dollar, Reverse
2018 - Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coins, Obverse & Reverse
2018 - Office of Strategic Services Bronze Medal, Obverse & Reverse
2018 - World War I Centennial Army Medal, Obverse
2017 - Boys Town Centennial Commemorative Silver Dollar, Obverse & Reverse

In addition to designing coins for the United States Mint, Damstra has artistic credits with the Royal Canadian Mint. Two of her coin designs have won Coin of the Year (COTY) awards: the 2017 United States Boys Town Commemorative Silver Dollar and 2014 Canadian $20 Silver Maple Canopy - Autumn Allure. Damstra's artistic touch graces not only many corners of the numismatic world but also can be found in illustrations for various books and publications as well as in zoos, museums, and parks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ms. Damstra has designed more than two dozen silver, gold and platinum coins for the Royal Canadian Mint ( RCM) since 2012. Almost all of her designs have had a flora or fauna theme; the one that didn't depicted Niagara Falls.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2573 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The signature looks forged to me, better get PSA to authenticate (and charge for it of course!)

Sarcasm aside, I'm sure Emily deserves some recognition, but this is a just a gimmick (that I hope does not catch on).

I collect coins, not autographs.
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I collect coins, not autographs.
But for those who collect both, I suppose it is a win.

There was a member here who collected autographs. It was in one of those "what else do you collect?" topics.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
225 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Generic question - Are all of these various "signed" labels (Mercanti, Moy, Michael Reagan, etc.) EACH individually truly hand signed, or are they facsimile signatures where the person signs one, and then copies of that are made for all the labels on those specific coins?
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2021  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
- Are all of these various "signed" labels (Mercanti, Moy, Michael Reagan, etc.) EACH individually truly hand signed...

My understanding is that the inserts are individually signed in most cases though I'm sure there have been exceptions.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1129 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see the "rare Emily Damstra autographed label in proof seventy and a first day of issue." from those chuckle heads on late night television. Can't wait to see the mark-up over the already astronomical $349.99 for the 2021's out now.
ANA member
PAN Member
BCCS Member

There's no problem only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Edited by Ballyhoo
02/26/2021 11:03 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 478Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05