Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Most Popular Coin Contest! Read More!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 483Next Topic  
Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  2:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MichaelSH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

To the Most Popular Coin Contest!

Important: The premise is to learn a bit more about coins and have a little fun. The winner will not be getting any prize for winning the contest!

Rules:
1: Rounds and stages

There will be 6 stages: First Round, Second Round, Quarter Final, Half Final (semifinal) and the almighty Grand Finale (yes I know that there are 5 stages and you can't have a quarter final but you can't divide 100/6 so...)

2: Limited amount of contestants: only 100, hurry up and post your coin

3: Proper posting and classifying of your coins:
All submitted coins must have a description. It shouldn't be a research paper on the history, it just needs to be enough so that we know what we're dealing with.

The next morning, (currently 21:22 pm in my country). I will choose the top 50 of coins and will open a poll. You can participate in the poll.

Message to staff: You can remove this post if you think I'm not qualified to make contests yet, but please don't spoil it if it has already gained a lot of traction. Thanks!

More info:
Professional coin photography isn't necessary, the picture has to be clear enough so that you can see the coin properly. If the coin is in a holder, please clean it up with a cloth a bit.

As always, I'm open to suggestions! If you think something needs fixing up, tell me. Unless I'm sleeping, I should be able to redact the rules.

Time zones:
Most of you guys are in America (judging by the clock on the site, in the upper left corner), so it is bright as day when I'm awake and you're sleeping. And vice versa. When I'm sleeping, you're probably awake. Expect the results when you wake up tomorrow morning or something.

As always, thanks and good luck!
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Message to staff: You can remove this post if you think I'm not qualified to make contests yet, but please don't spoil it if it has already gained a lot of traction. Thanks!
Only thing we needed to do it move it into the correct forum.
Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MichaelSH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So sorry! I was looking for the correct forum and couldn't find the contest one.
Thanks a lot for moving it! Next time, I'll try to find the correct one.
Have a nice day!
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
6335 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SO.... do you submit a coin and description to this thread?
Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MichaelSH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes @muddler
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15031 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm wondering why you haven't gotten any submissions yet . when does this contest start
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1256 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Year: 1895
Nation: USA
Denomination: 1
Currency: 0.01 USD
Composition: Bronze
Mintage: 38,343,636
Errors/Varieties: Double Clipped Planchet
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Pillar of the Community
United States
3678 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a lot of coins so it is hard to pick a favorite but here's one that I like a lot - see below for reasons:

1825 Large Diameter Quarter
Mintage: 144,000

I like this coin because it combines relatively low mintage, age and a circulation cameo effect with its unusual size - 27.5mm which was changed in 1831 to the present 24.3.

In the US, John Quincy Adams became the 6th president and the Erie Canal opened.

In world news (I looked this up), Nicholas I of Russia succeeds his older brother Alexander I. Imperial Russian Army officers stage the Decembrist revolt against Nicholas's accession in Saint Petersburg but it is put down*.

* note the foreshadowing of future events...interesting
Pillar of the Community
United States
6335 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1916 Walking Liberty half
Mintage:608,000
first year of issue for a popular coin design.
Designed by Adolph Weinman
Observe design copied for the American silver Eagle 1986
Copied again in 2016 in a 1/2 ounce gold coin.
This coin is deeply toned on both sides.

Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MichaelSH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys, love your coins! But we need more people )at least 10) so we can make a proper poll.

Thanks for participating!

Also @KenKat, @muddler, @That_Coin_Dude we need more people to submit and I'll make a poll. I'm sorry if you don't get the results fast enough, it seems not much people have posted. Have a great day y'all
Edited by MichaelSH
02/20/2021 04:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8325 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  06:05 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1847 Gothic Crown from Great Britain:

An iconic British coin, possibly struck to 'commemorate' the 10th anniversary of Queen Victoria's reign. Mintage 8,000. Quite unusual to find a circulated one. I got mine in an auction held by a major UK dealer long before the days of eBay, and paid what was then the highest amounr I'd ever spent on a coin. But it was a coin I'd wanted ever since I started collecting!
Bulgaria
27 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MichaelSH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @NumisRob, for your participation!
4 people so far. Might post a coin of mine so we can make it 5
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15031 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey muddler , I love that 16 Walker ! Just thought I'd mention that .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3052 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what you are looking for here? just post a coin and then what?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1881 3CN
PCGS MS62, Cert #33521200
1881 88/88, Flynn-Fletcher RPD-001 (not identified on holder)
CU-3c(N)-1881-01 Rim Cud, http://cuds-on-coins.com/three-cent-nickel-cuds/
Strong OBV/RVS Clash
Mintage 1,077,000
Population at this grade: 133
Population higher: 504

Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 483Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05