Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Coin In Your Lincoln Set ?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 59 / Views: 1,580Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
3994 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like stated above...so many other coins could be had for the price of just this one...my set is missing 2 coins (09S vdb n 14D)(I don't count the 22 no D) and all in XF and above...Now if I hit the lottery... it's still a maybe
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One of these days I hope I can convince you to give up your pursuit of this weak strike disguised as a real date/mintmark, jbuck
You might be able to convince me to buy a "weak D" instead.

I have to put something quasi-legitimate in that hole.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3087 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You might be able to convince me to buy a "weak D" instead.

I have to put something quasi-legitimate in that hole.

I'm like you, I found a barely there D and that was what I put in.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20095 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

10 complete sets. All have the 09S VSB
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
668 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought an 09 S VDB in MS63 but still need 9 coins including the 14 D and the 22 no D.
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a barely there D and that was what I put in.
I found a few candidates. A trigger may be pulled soon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
552 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  05:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DANG just carl! Just those 8 coins showing is impressive...and 10 full sets...?
WOW!
I was thinking smugly to myself...I have 2 full sets (one was my Dads)...but I'm humbled by your 10 sets!
I really enjoy this place!
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
2160 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
10 complete sets. All have the 09S VSB

Always nice to see your #1 sets, just_carl.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PPorro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My set is collected from circulation. I got the 1909 VDB in change about 1957. OK so old helps? I have no 22 Plain and no 1909-S VDB. I have an entire collection of Hole Fillers.

I stopped cents, and haven't decided to pay for the two empty spots. I suppose a 22 plain would be a prize and than leave only the one that is most difficult.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14877 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't understand why some of you guys insist on including the 22 plain in your Lincoln wheat set . It is not a Business strike , It's an error ! And I bet If there wasn't a hole for the 22 plain no collector would have even thought that it had to be included in their album or folder .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And I bet If there wasn't a hole for the 22 plain no collector would have even thought that it had to be included in their album or folder .
Correct. It is a hole I wish was not there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1340 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i collect from circulation, so no, I don't have the key dates. and likely never will. I suppose when I get down, just to those keys, if that ever happens, I will get the overall feel for the set as a whole, then decide which grade best suits the set and then buy them. As it stands, I'm not in a hurry to complete any of the sets I've been working on from circulation for the last 40 years off and on.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1518 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am missing the following:

1909 S VDB
1909 S NO VDB
1911 S
1931 S

I also don't consider needing the 1922 plain to complete set.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1374 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is not a Business strike , It's an error !

Technically, the 1922 "No D" is a "Variety" . Some people include them, some people don't. I bought a slabbed one for the Dansco but then decided to not crack it with all the counterfeits being sold - added a raw "Weak D" instead.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
554 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I keep telling myself I will get the 1909 S VDB eventually. It's the only one I need, not including the 1922 plain, which I doubt I will get.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 59 / Views: 1,580Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05