Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Suggestions For A Good CC Morgan.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 223Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2021  11:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not really a Morgan collector but looking to add a nice CC Morgan to the collection, preferably a GSA. Assuming I gave a budget up to $1k, but up to $2500 if you can convince me, what kind of CC Morgan would you get?

1878 looks to be desirable since it's a first year. Any other key dates of note to the CCs? Just trying to see what I should be looking for/ expecting to pay around that price range.
Edited by mrpapageorgio
02/20/2021 12:15 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
9561 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anything except '82, '83 and '84 unless you go for MS66 or a nice PL or DMPL example.
I personally like 1880 with the reverse of '78 and found a circulated VAM-4 for my Dansco album. I believe they are known in GSA holders.
1883-O Nut
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! My father always wanted a CC Morgan (he liked the back story of the mint), so wanted to add one to the collection for him. Don't think I'll be collecting a ton of them, but was curious what a nice one would be for the collection without spending 5 figures.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on dave700x's add, it might be worth determining if you want to include VAM's or not. Does your father care about imperfections or not? Hard to say there's a rule if varieties/errors add value or scare off buyers. For what it's worth....

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2021  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, my father is no longer with us. I wanted to add this to the collection in his memory. He always wanted a CC Morgan but never got around to buying one and he was the one that got me into numismatics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 85-CC, 90CC and 91-CC would also be worth looking at.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 223Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05