Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada's "Motor City" Parking Token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 156Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
871 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  4:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
No real question here just thought I'd share this parking token that a Doctors office gave my daughter to get her out of their parking lot. The gates were open when she left and never needed to use the token.
This parking lot is in Oshawa Ontario which was referred to as "Motor City" by many in the the past.
The token is not magnetic it weighs 5.6 grams and is 25mm in diameter.
The antique car on the front seems quite appropriate for the city of Oshawa but when I turned it over I was surprised to see the eagle, shield and stars which hints strongly of American.
Really a great looking token with cartwheel lustre it's hard to see the lustre because the pictures were taken with a filtered flash.
Of course all comments welcome.

Cheers, Bill

Learn More...
United States
98304 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18376 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am reasonably sure that the image of the car is not a modern PHEV.
Old style much better for a parking token.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4086 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2021  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is probably a generic token, used to save money getting a specially designed one.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 156Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05