Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lincoln Cent DDO Or Machine Doubling?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 424Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lfpas to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am new to coin collecting and need help telling if this is DD or Machine Doubling?

Edited by Lfpas
02/27/2021 10:39 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1956 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty flat around the letters, I'll go with MD
Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Pillar of the Community
United States
3948 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need more info. What date is the coin? What mint?

Full, high resolution images of the coin's obverse and reverse would certainly help tell a fuller story.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lfpas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is the 1969 s. I'll post more pictures in a few.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50782 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Machine Doubling. There is push upwards on the devices. (probably the same on the motto as well. But it is not the bid DDO:

All the other devices would have looked just like these, if it were the big DDO.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
99353 Posts
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lfpas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50782 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
Canada
736 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  02:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COOP put everything you know at this time in a book and me I will buy the exclusive distribution wrights for Canada.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lfpas to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50782 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The best way to tell if it is MD is that the MD affects the whole coin (on one or both sides) in the same direction. On this coin there is a push from the bottom of the obverse, Northeast. Then note on the Motto, on 'IN'. Note the direction is changed a bit, but because the devices are changing direction, they are appearing as not bottom top, but because of the devices direction, they affect the devices different, but still in the same direction.
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 424Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05