Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Think This 2000 D Nickel Might Be A Error Strike . Can Someone Help.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 377Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  01:54 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Harley5283 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm New at this coin collection thing. Can someone help me out with this. I want to know if this 2000 D nickel left this way from the mint.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2803 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  02:05 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD, damage.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
The concept of maturity is complex. While one's capacity to be mature can be correlated with age, someone's overall maturity and respect for life is not. Maturity is formed through experience and perception.
Human progress can only be achieved through trial and error.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38428 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  04:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. It did not leave the mint like that, PMD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Canada
97 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bond632 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, PMD, bad case of road rash.

to the CCF.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3537 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, PMD--not an error. What does the reverse look like?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1004 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just normal everyday road kill damage
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7046 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

with post mint damage ( PMD)
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20147 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As already stated, sort of a case of damaged
just carl
Learn More...
United States
97760 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49933 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like belt sander damage.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sirguardian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD is obvious... but I like to call it PLD (parking Lot Damage)
Pillar of the Community
United States
5366 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post mint damage. No, it did NOT leave the mint looking like that. No mint error here, sorry. Keep searching!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49933 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you see dimples on the edge of the coin:

It was squeezed. The coin will also be out of round.

If it is still round, then the coin was altered. Either way, it is a damaged coin. A spendable one. (probably won't work in a vending machine)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 377Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05