Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Soooooo Much Colonial Goodness @ Ha

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 610Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2567 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  10:04 pm Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I almost never bring attention to an auction that I will be participating in (as a bidder)

BUT

HA.com has so many colonial rarities and errors upcoming that I am having trouble absorbing it all.

DOZENS of vexator's, montreal side views, split flans, overstrikes & also high mint state examples.

if anyone ever wanted to own a real rarity.... now is the time

I would love to buy even a few of what is being offered, but will sadly settle for obtaining just 1
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Valued Member
Canada
111 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add blargish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The selection of Blacksmiths is pretty nuts. Also a fan of the Br 674 Bouquet Sou overstrikes. As you mention Wade, fingers crossed that I'm able to just hit on one!
Learn More...
Canada
9598 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The off-metal tokens are awesome, you rarely see those, yet there are two in that auction.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
221 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking through the catalogue is like one of the red carpet ceremonies at an award gala event. The "who's who " are all there.
Rarities, unique specimen, plate examples, pedigree etc...its hard to not check every lot if you are interested in tokens at all...so many of 'finest known' examples for you to admire all in one place.

Lots of trophies will be going home that night!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2567 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder what releasing 4 DOZEN vexators will do value of that issue overall?

Same for the 2 DOZEN Montreal Side View Bank Tokens

Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
544 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bid on two of those side-views and was nuked on both. I mean...I was waaaaay off....
Valued Member
United States
300 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got nuked on just about everything I bid on. Not really surprised to see the high prices considering that most of the pieces have been off the market for 30-40 years.

I won 3 lots. This proof front view being the most significant:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/canada/can...1202-97322.s

Edited by 1960NYGiants
03/22/2021 4:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
544 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow - that is a thing of beauty.... well done!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 610Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05