Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finest Known Friday: 1785 Nova Constellatio Pointed Rays Large Date NGC MS64

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 498Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  10:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1785 Nova Constellatio Copper, Pointed Rays, Large Date, Crosby 4-C, W-1900, R.5, MS64 Brown NGC. Obverse 4 with pointed rays appears with Reverse C and Reverse D, the former die combination being scarcer. Reverse C makes no other appearance in the Nova Constellatio series. This elusive variety, having a total population of less than 65 pieces, is typically found in low grades. Although lacking some peripheral detail, this lovely example displays splendid chestnut-brown surfaces with full cartwheel luster, traces of mint red, and delicate blue overtones. Tied for the finest known. Listed on page 56 of the 2021 Guide Book.

Read More: Coin of the Day Series

Check out Nova Constellatios on ebay.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58324 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty remarkable!
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7118 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - that is a real beauty!
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The colors on there are amazing!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8070 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2021  03:48 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since I am relatively new to Colonial collecting, and have been seriously deep into reading and researching as much of the basics and fundamentals as possible the past year. I've also been following the Partrick collection multi part sales at Heritage. Donald's collection was magnificent and breathtaking, so many ultra high grade coins, and historically important pieces as well. Too bad I really can't afford to participate in the auctions by buying some items, if it hadn't been for Covid-19, I would have at least been able to go and look at all of the coins in person. I mean I suppose I could have still done that, but I didn't think it was fair to do so as I really had no intention other than just looking. Heritage's new complex is even closer to me than there old building was (they moved over last summer) now they are only about a 10-15 minute drive in traffic from my house.

The Brasher NY and Lima Doubloons
The Finest known New Jersey and finest known of any Colonial coin
The Finest known Nova Constellatio (this coin)
The 1792 pattern pieces and Washingtonia

There are still over 900 coins left to auction after all the sales so far (2,450 coins & medals). A large group of coins sold yesterday and tomorrow (Saturday March 21, 2021) there will be even more crossing the auction block.

To see them just go to http://www.ha.com and search "Donald G. Partrick collection" in the titles and description bar. You only need to sign in to see prices realized, anyone account or not can view this amazing collection.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
4573 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Westcoin go ahead and splurge, pick-up a couple or half dozen....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I could afford it
Pillar of the Community
United States
8070 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2021  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@ Westcoin go ahead and splurge, pick-up a couple or half dozen....

I wish I could afford it

Me too! I tried on a few lots tonight in the EAC auction, to no avail, a couple went for close to my offer, but the rest were way over what I thought they would go for. Nice coins are selling easily and for strong money these days online. Not many shows for dealers to pick up new material so they are extra hungry and us collectors are competing with them more than ever.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 498Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05