Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1907 Indian Head Potentially With Major Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 424Next Topic  

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  12:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BrianCoin123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

This is Brian. I ran across this 1907 Indian Head penny. I noticed some potential doubling. Also, there are significant marks on the coin that may be from die issues. You will see on front, there are blobs in the D in United and around it.

Also, there is a huge mark on the reverse. At first glance it looks like a scratch. But when zoomed in you can see that it 'blobs' over the E and at the bottom.

I'm looking for a "Die Czar" to get me some input, and whether this is a good find or not.

Thank you!

Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4956 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is unfortunately just damage. The "blobs" you're seeing appear to be hits that displaced a bit of metal, and the other mark is a scratch. You can see some displaced metal around the edge indicating that it's not a strike-through.

United States
10 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrianCoin123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Everyone is so nice and great and I'm very glad I joined.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58404 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, this is just damage.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2290 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The giant scratch on the reverse looks like it was done with an awl or a nail. It pushed metal to the sides in the same way a plow turns soil.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Pillar of the Community
United States
4584 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, your "potential doubling" if in/on USofA, then that's called Longacres doubling, part of the design, named after the designer of the cent.
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20246 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2021  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Keep on looking.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 424Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05