Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bigger Grease, Oil Strike I See On 25 Cent 2006-2012

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 1,992Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  9:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone's,

I post here my bigger strike over grease, oil I saw in 25 cent.

History: In February 2012 I bayed in New York a dealer store who close. The last box I just opened, mixed between others. This coin was on a 2x2 with mention from UN set.

Facts: 4.46 gr, diameter 23.87, thickness 1.59 mm. The coin seem to show some trace of the RCM mark so I conclude a strike between 2006 and 2012 when I buy, better 2011.

I post for your feedback on this and if someone make studies of or want to catalogue this coin, just let me know.

Sorry my camera microscope and the camera just go down, I ordered one just few min ago.

thanks
Edited by silviosi
03/24/2021 02:11 am
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow!
Valued Member
Canada
119 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome Coin!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may be wrong but the coin looks like it may have been polished.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No it is not polish, just the light of flash. My camera has no power supply and battery and the microscope no anymore led light. Go wrong for the next 2 weeks. on normal look you can see Canada very thin, and also the head upper border beer reflected between the caribou corns.

Have some normal circulation strike scratches like any normal one for circulation strike.

For me is a mystery how can pas for Circulation Strike Set and also amazing of oil, grease strike so big. The most fascinating thing for me it is the O & R have oil, grease strike. I think an example for this kind of mint miss pass.

I send the photos to ANACS and the are interested to see and certificate, sure they want the fees.
Edited by silviosi
03/24/2021 7:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1842 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmmmmmmmmm
Learn More...
Canada
9743 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2021  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show a photo of the edge? Is it fully reeded?
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
802 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with nicklesguy
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  03:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full reeded and funny photo, I have to deal with what I have 2 weeks.

I put two photos from the phone, not the best in the word but show the reeded.

The coin it self, the gr, diameter, thickness and reeded make me be curious about your back, because everything seem to be normal and never see one like this. At one point I say, a fake so precisely?, XRF is correct with the mint alloy.

thank you, appreciate any opinion.

It is not for pricing, or auctions. It is for knowing and learning material. how I buyed in inventory is .30$ so we forgot value.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  03:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know is Hmmmmmm, but is in my hands and ready to send to who want to study. @Oldmike: pay attention, the white two bear puppy will jump on your popcorns, they love this kind of taste and unhealthy food.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1842 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Too much reeding I think for DAS. die adjustment strike
Learn More...
Canada
9743 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2021  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a plated coin, with smooth (burnished) surfaces. It would have differential relief with a strike-through.

I can't see this being anything else other than a die setup strike, maybe with the collar die already adjusted?
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CCP and others, my photos are not good, my micro and camera down. the coin is not to shinny comparative with others, and I can still reed CANADA complete and also denivelation between the horns of the caribou exact the queen head. CCP if I will have your address I will send you the coin to make a digest off.

This night I put the XRF and give me normal parameters, so I do not understand. Diameter, thickness and weight are correct. Could be workshop test dies and adjustment coin?

PS I am not error guy except for the material error. This coin was in that dealer binder with error coins, majority US, for Canada: this one, a cent strike on dime planchet, a dime which I do not see what it is and a Nova Scotia coin. I will post one by one to know what it is.
Edited by silviosi
03/26/2021 08:42 am
Learn More...
Canada
9743 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just what exactly are your "normal parameters" when subjecting a multi-ply plated coin to an XRF? (I'd love to hear this one)!!

What instrument are you using? What is the beam strength? What detector and software are you using to interpret the peaks?

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SPP. Sorry was Friday and I have to end my week.

Short answer. I used (already sold, the new one will arrive mid-end of May) Malvern Panalytical Epson 4 Mining and minerals with Stratos software with algorithm which enables simultaneous determination of chemical composition and thickness of layered materials and analyze coatings, surface layers and multi-layered structures.

135 eV @ Mn-Kα, 50 micro beryllium window, Wavelength dispersive X-ray Fluorescence (WDXRF), XRF fluorescence and C-Am elemental range, 15-Watt SDD30 x-ray beam.

What will be the next one? I do not know because is my brother who send me from Germany when him change his XRF. basic every 2-3 years. My cost is shipping and the accounting balance 1 - 2K euros.
Edited by silviosi
03/26/2021 9:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2139 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silviosi wow incomplete proof coin. I have a couple of these. nice find.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 41 / Views: 1,992Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05